Patient-centricity and inclusion at CVCT
The CVCT Forum endeavours to put the patient at the center of science from the early stages of the planning
1. Patients or caregivers with experience relevant to the conference’s central theme actively participate in the design and planning of the event, including the selection of themes, topics and speakers.
- Patients are very present in the speakers, panel and audience of CVCT.
- They are an integral part of the CVCT stakeholders wheel.
- They are called upon in the preparation stage of the program.
2. Patients or caregivers with experience of the issues addressed by the event participate in its delivery, and appear in its physical audience.
- Each talk includes a section called "Patient perspective" that allows the patients to communicate their point of view and experience to an audience of clinical investigators, clinical trials designers, contract managament organisations, industry R&D, statisticians, etc. to constantly put the patient at the centre of science.
- Patients also participate in the side activities of the program such as the CVCT "Career Escalator" session where they provide mentorship to young investigators
3. Travel and accommodation expenses for patients or carers participating in the advertised programme are paid in full, in advance. Scholarships are provided by the conference organisers to allow patients or carers affected by the relevant issues to attend as delegates.
- The conference’s patient representatives and their carers receive a free registration.
- Travel and accommodation expenses are paid in full.
- All other expenses are covered.
4. The disability requirements of participants are accommodated. All applicable sessions, breakouts, ancillary meetings, and other programme elements are open to patient delegates.
- A dedicated assistive personnel accompanies the patients to ensure their comfort and that their needs are accommodated throughout the conference.
- A room in the conference center is available for patients to rest during the day.
- The transport is secured from and to the hotel.
- The venue was chosen to have high accessibility and
5. Access for virtual participants is facilitated, with free streaming video provided online wherever possible.
- The hashtag #CVCT18 is advertised prior to the event to allow the online community to participate in the debate.
- The conference app is available for download for free.
- The presentations are published online on our website and are accessible to all.